The objectives of this resource book are to define occupational stress and describe the effects it has on health and the workplace. It includes a review of the job conditions and individual or situational factors that can cause occupational stress and describes the process of developing a comprehensive stress management program in the workplace. Finally, it discusses three interventions in the workplace to control stress.
What Is Covered In This Manual?
How Does Occupational Stress Effect Health?
- Fight or flight response and stages
- Progression of signs and symptoms
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
Causes of Occupational Stress (NIOSH)
- Job stress model
- Individual and situational factors
- Job condition factors
- Exercise to apply the model
Occupational Stress Controls
- Overview of three main areas of intervention
- Comprehensive program development – three steps